Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What A Life I Live!

Jimmy Buffett - A Pirate Looks At Forty.

(Italicized words by Frankie Cee)

Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call,

Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall,

You've seen it all,

You've seen it all.

Watched the men who rode you,

Switch from sails to steam,

In your belly you hold the treasure that few have ever seen, most of them dreams,

Most of them dreams.

Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred years too late.

The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder; I'm an over forty victim of fate,

Arriving too late,

Arriving too late.

I've done a bit of smugglin', I've run my share of grass.

I made enough money to buy Miami,

But I pissed it away so fast, never meant to last,

Never meant to last.


I got drunk once for over two weeks, I passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks,

But I've gotta stop wishin', gotta go fishin',

I'm down in Islamorada again,

Just a few friends, just a few friends.

I go for younger women, lived with several awhile,

And though I ran 'em away, they'll come back one day,

And still could manage a smile

It just takes awhile, just takes awhile.


Mother, mother ocean, after all these years I've found,

My occupational hazard being, my occupation's just not around.

I feel like I've drowned,

Gonna head outatown...

Thanks Jimmy!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger "Frankly Opinionated" said...

Now! That is what post should look like! Amazing what I can do when I have the right person, doing the thing. Thank You Fallen Angel for the best looking post ever in my blog. Opens even for my dial up on explorer. So so at Mozilla.
nuf sed

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thank you, Frankie!
Tis an honor to be of serivce!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home